Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm Back

I am officially back in Pittsburgh. I left Petersburg around 2pm after turning in my badge and keys. That was melancholy duty but I was excited to be back on the road. I got in late last night, having spent more time than I care to mention in traffic around DC and parts of Maryland. M and I went on a bike ride today down the length of the North Shore Trail. Living in Petersburg I think I had started to forget what a pretty place Pittsburgh is. Today was a perfect day for such a realization; sunny and cool (by Virginian standards) with a nice breeze along the river. Its enough to make anyone happy to be home.


This is the end of this blog. Thanks to all of anyone who read it. I hope it was at least entertaining, and at most a little instructive. Next time you're in Virginia stop by Petersburg. Even if it is 115 degrees in the shade the place is worth a look and there are some wonderful people there trying to tell the story of a very important place.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment