Friday, July 1, 2011

On the Road Again...

I found out yesterday that my boss was giving me the day off today since we're all set for the beginning of camp next week. I jumped at the opportunity to have a long weekend and spent today driving so I can spend the weekend with Melissa. The construction around DC was crazy not because it caused any appreciable delays, but because whomever planned the construction decided to route all four lanes in large S curves every mile or so. I'm not entirely sure why there hasn't been any major accidents there. I never hit any large delays until I was outside the Squirrel Hill Tunnels. As far as I'm concerned Pittsburgh tunnel traffic can be worse than DC construction.

I'll be back in Petersburg come Monday, but for now its really good to be back in Pittsburgh.

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend at home! We're heading out this morning to pick up Sam from my folks house in Northeastern Indiana. My dad sent Sam to an engineering camp held at the university he taught at before his retirement. Apparently Sam will be coming home with a trebuchet he built at camp.

    ReplyDelete